Location: Irvine, California
Toll free: 866-576-6975
E-mail: E-mail Me
Stephen G. Hammers is a 1991 graduate of Loyola Law School and a 1987 graduate of U.C. Berkeley. He brings vast litigation experience to the firm, with a particular specialty in the trial of business and real estate matters. He has tried cases to juries in nearly every district of Los Angeles and Orange Counties, and has obtained favorable results in all of them. Where necessary, he has also defended verdicts in the California Courts of Appeal, both drafting appellate briefs and presenting oral argument.
Stephen is admitted as a Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Top Trial Lawyers in America. Founded in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who, while acting as principal counsel for their clients, have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
He represents national and local businesses, commercial developers and real estate professionals, but also champions the causes of individuals and small business owners. A significant number of Mr. Hammers' business cases have been tried to juries, where he has enjoyed a 100% success rate.
Stephen has received a 10.0 (Superb) Avvo.com rating and Five Star Client reviews.
Stephen was named a Top Trial Lawyer in 2014 by OC Metro Magazine.
Stephen was named a Top Trial Lawyer in 2015 by Coast Magazine.
Business Litigation. Stephen has represented local and international businesses in a wide range of business disputes, from unfair competition and trade secret matters to commercial litigation and partnership disputes. He has counseled and defended directors and officers in shareholder derivative actions and employment litigation, litigated matters involving the food trade and processing industries, and represented both debtors and creditors in loan workouts and bankruptcy. His business clients have included National Banks and Fortune 500 Companies, as well as small businesses and local entrepreneurs.
Real Estate Litigation. Stephen represents land owners, developers and contractors in real estate matters involving contract disputes, construction litigation and mechanic's lien matters. He has tried and arbitrated actions involving large scale development projects and smaller disputes between contractors and residential neighbors. While negotiation and resolution are always a primary goal in Stephen's litigation practice, successful trial practice has consistently been a valuable tool in obtaining favorable settlements for his clients.
Stephen has lectured on business and real estate issues, including varied topics in commercial and residential real estate. He has been a guest speaker at the Southwestern Law School on the issues of secured transactions and anti-deficiency legislation. He has served as a volunteer Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court, and regularly serves as a judge at Loyola Law School's National Trial Advocacy Competition.
Stephen was born and raised in Southern California. He enjoys free time with his wife, Erika, and three young children. He is a Member of Rotary International and Knights of Columbus, through which he participates in a number of local community service projects.
To read Stephen G. Hammers' Business Fraud Blog, click here.
To read Stephen G. Hammers' Real Estate Law Blog, click here
To read Stephen G. Hammers' Commercial Collections Blog, click here.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Real Estate Litigation
- California, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1992
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: History
- Commercial Owner v. Developer, JAMS Arbitration
- Charles Dunn Company v. Kymm Trust, Case No. 73-115-00065-07 BRBA
- Chicago Title Company v. Alpine-Rivera, LLC, H. Wayne Klekamp, Inc. (Destiny-Phoenix, et.al.)
- E&R Liquor Partnership Dispute (Sabbagh v. Isak and Hachicho), KC045449
- Ventura Tarzana, LLC v. Computer Palace, Inc., Shamolian LC066533
- Lee v. Isak KC043708, BC270041
- Lecture, Business and Real Estate Issues
- Guest Speaker, Secured Transactions and Anti-Deficiency Legislation, Southwestern Law School
Honors and Awards
- Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top Trial Lawyers in America
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Judge Pro Tem for the Los Angeles Superior Court
- Judge, Loyola Law School's National Trial Advocacy Competition
- Member of the Newport Irvine Rotary Club